Coin collecting is an ancient hobby that has attracted people from all walks of life for centuries. The combination of history, finance, and art in one small piece has always been fascinating, but where do you go to find the best coins? Coin shows are the answer and Georgia has some of the best in the country.
If you’re looking for coin shows on TV or in person, Georgia is a great state to explore. Regardless of where you live- Atlanta, Grovetown, or Dalton- there is bound to be a coin show near you. From one-day events to weekend extravaganzas, there are tons of options to choose from.
At these shows, you’ll find incredible collections of coins, banknotes, tokens, and other numismatic items. These shows can also help you grow your network of other enthusiasts, get expert advice, and learn more about the history of coins and the art of coin collecting. But what should you expect at a coin show?
In this blog post, we will guide you through the best coin shows in Georgia, including must-visit venues in Dalton, Atlanta and Grovetown. We’ll also detail upcoming shows and highlight what to expect at each one. Furthermore, this blog post will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about coin shows in Georgia and provide an overview of the best coin shows in the USA. With this guide, you’ll be able to fully immerse yourself in the vibrant and exciting world of coin collecting.
Coin Shows on TV
Coin collecting has always been a fascinating hobby for many people around the world. And if you’re one of them, you must have watched TV shows that feature coins. Here are some popular TV shows that showcase coin collecting:
If you’re a fan of reality TV shows, then Pawn Stars is definitely for you. The show features the daily operations of the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawn Shop in Las Vegas. The shop’s owner and his team of experts continuously look for rare and valuable items that people bring in to sell or pawn.
One of the recurring themes on the show is the acquisition and appraisal of coins. In fact, Pawn Stars has provided viewers with an education about coins, including the value, historical significance, and rarity of certain coins.
American Pickers is another popular show that highlights the world of collecting. The show’s main stars, Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz, travel across the country in search of rare, unusual, and unique items. Along the way, they meet collectors and visit different events such as flea markets, shows, and other venues.
The show is not just about coins, but it does feature them from time to time. Some of the most interesting coins they’ve come across include an 1861 Liberty Head Double Eagle, a 1913 Liberty Nickel, and the King George VI & Queen Elizabeth silver proof set.
Antiques Roadshow is the ultimate TV show for collectors, and it has been running for more than 20 years now. The show features appraisers who visit different cities across the USA and evaluate items that people bring in.
The show features a diverse range of collectibles, including coins. The appraisers provide a historical context for the coins and their values. Some of the most notable coin collections on the Antiques Roadshow include the 1715 Fleet shipwreck treasure and an original silver dollar that belonged to George Washington.
- Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and Antiques Roadshow are some of the popular TV shows that feature coins.
- These shows provide viewers with a historical context, rarity, and value of coins.
- While these shows are not just about coins, they do feature some of the most interesting and unique coins.
In conclusion, TV shows that feature coins are not only entertaining, but they can also provide viewers with an education on the hobby of coin collecting. Whether you’re a seasoned collector or just starting out, watching these shows can enhance your knowledge and appreciation of this exciting with coin shows in Georgia.
Coin Shows Near Me: Where to Find the Best Events in Georgia
If you’re a coin collector like me, attending a coin show is a must. But with so many shows happening across Georgia, it can be hard to know which ones are worth your time. Don’t worry, though; I’ve done the research for you! Here are the top coin shows near you that you won’t want to miss:
Marietta Coin Club Show
- Location: Marietta
- Dates: March 6, 2022
- Admission: $3
- The Marietta Coin Club Show is a favorite of collectors in Georgia. With over 40 dealers offering everything from rare coins to gold and silver bullion, this show is one that you don’t want to miss. Plus, the admission price is super affordable, so you can snap up some great deals without breaking the bank.
North Atlanta Coin Show
- Location: Alpharetta
- Dates: TBD
- Admission: Free
- The North Atlanta Coin Show is one of the largest in the area, with over 70 dealers from across the country selling coins and currency from ancient times to present-day. The show takes place at a beautiful hotel, making it a great opportunity to mix business with pleasure. And with free admission, you can save your money for the coins!
Georgia Numismatic Association Coin Show
- Location: Dalton
- Dates: April 14-17, 2022
- Admission: $2
- The Georgia Numismatic Association Coin Show is one of the most prestigious in Georgia, bringing together dealers, collectors, and experts from all over the country. With more than 200 tables offering everything from ancient to modern coins and artifacts, this show is a must-attend event for any serious collector.
Athens Coin Show
- Location: Athens
- Dates: TBD
- Admission: Free
- The Athens Coin Show is a locally organized event that always attracts a good crowd. With over 20 dealers offering coins, currency, and collectibles, it’s a great opportunity to connect with other collectors in the area. Plus, it’s free to attend, so if you’re in the neighborhood, there’s no reason not to stop by.
Augusta Coin Club Show
- Location: Augusta
- Dates: TBD
- Admission: Free
- The Augusta Coin Club Show is a small but mighty event, with dealers offering coins, paper currency, and other collectibles for sale. The event is held in a hotel, and there are usually giveaways and door prizes, making it a fun way to spend the day browsing for new coins to add to your collection.
Now that you know the top coin shows near you, all that’s left to do is mark your calendars and start planning your route! With so many great shows to choose from, you’re sure to find some amazing treasures to add to your collection.
Dalton Coin Show 2023: Georgia’s Ultimate Coin Event
Georgia is undoubtedly a haven for numismatists, thanks to the numerous coin shows held throughout the year. However, the ultimate coin event that every coin enthusiast is eagerly looking forward to is the Dalton Coin Show 2023.
The Dalton Coin Show 2023 is set to be the most exceptional coin event in Georgia, with all the fantastic activities and rare coins that coin collectors crave. This show is a must-attend for every coin collector and investor, even if you’re not from Georgia.
Here are some key features of this show that make it a must-attend for all coin enthusiasts:
The Dalton Coin Show 2023 will occur at the Dalton Convention Center in the heart of Dalton, Georgia. The location is easily accessible and has ample parking for attendees.
This show is more than just a collection of coins. Besides the coin dealers, there will be exciting activities like live auctions, educational seminars, and some of the most knowledgeable experts in the coin industry.
Whether you’re a casual collector or an experienced investor, the variety and quality of coins on display at the Dalton Coin Show 2023 is sure to take your breath away. You’ll have the opportunity to see, touch, and purchase rare coins that you’d struggle to find anywhere else!
The Dalton Coin Show 2023 promises to have an awe-inspiring collection of coin vendors from all over Georgia and the entire United States. With such a broad range of vendors, you’re sure to find coins that fit your collection or investment needs.
Throughout the show, there will be competitions for various coin-related activities, and the prize is nothing short of fantastic. These competitions are a great way to immerse yourself in the coin culture and maybe even win something valuable!
The Date to Save
Mark this on your calendar now – The Dalton Coin Show 2023 is scheduled to take place on June 24-26, 2023. This event promises to be a weekend full of exciting exhibits and activities, and you don’t want to be left out.
If you’re a coin collector or investor, attending the Dalton Coin Show 2023 is a fantastic way to learn, connect with other enthusiasts, and grow your collection. With exciting activities, compelling displays, and a long list of vendors, it’s hard not to get excited about this ultimate coin event in Georgia. Save the date now and begin to prepare your coin collection and investment plans for this grand event!
Coin Show This Weekend in Georgia
If you’re a coin collector or merely an enthusiast, then mark your calendars for the exciting coin show happening this weekend in Georgia. Here’s all you need to know about this event:
What Is It
The coin show is a two-day event where coin collectors and traders from the region come together to showcase their coin collections and trade with others. The event also aims to promote and preserve the historical significance of coins.
When and Where
The coin show will take place this weekend at the Georgia Convention Center in Atlanta. The event will begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday and will end at 5 p.m. On Sunday, the show starts at 10 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. Admission is free for everyone.
What Can You Expect
Coin shows are a great opportunity to meet fellow coin enthusiasts, learn more about coins, and purchase rare or hard-to-find items for your collection. Here are some things you can expect from this weekend’s event:
- Hundreds of dealers showcasing their rarest and most unique coins
- Various workshops and seminars about coin collecting and preservation
- An opportunity to have your coins appraised by experts
- Trading opportunities with other collectors
- An auction of rare and unique coins
Tips For Attending
If you’re new to coin shows or need some tips on how to make the most out of your visit, here are a few:
- Come prepared with a list of items you’re looking for and their worth
- Bring cash if you’re planning on purchasing coins
- Dress comfortably, as you’ll be on your feet for most of the day
- Ask questions and engage with the dealers and experts to learn more about coins
- Plan for parking and travel time to avoid any delays
So, get ready for an exciting weekend of coins, collectors, and an unforgettable experience at the coin show in Georgia. Don’t forget to take lots of photos and share your experience with fellow coin enthusiasts.
Coin Shows in Tennessee
When it comes to finding the best coin shows in the southeast, Tennessee is a state that should be on your radar. With a rich history and a thriving numismatic community, Tennessee offers coin collectors and investors an opportunity to find unique pieces that they won’t find anywhere else. Here are some of the top coin shows in Tennessee:
1. Nashville Coin and Currency Show
- Held annually in Nashville, TN
- Features over 100 dealers from across the country
- Offers a wide variety of numismatic items, including coins, paper money, tokens, and medals
- Great for beginners and seasoned collectors alike
- Admission is usually $5, but children under 12 get in for free
2. Chattanooga Coin Show
- Hosted twice a year in Chattanooga, TN
- Attracts local dealers as well as collectors from other parts of the country
- Offers a variety of coins and currency, including gold and silver bullion
- Features a silent auction, raffles, and other activities
- Admission is free
3. East Tennessee Numismatic Society Show
- Held annually in Knoxville, TN
- Features more than 40 dealers from the southeast
- Offers a variety of coins, currency, and collectibles
- Attracts beginner and advanced collectors alike
- Admission is usually $5, but children under 12 get in for free
4. Jackson Tennessee Coin Show
- Hosted twice a year in Jackson, TN
- Features dealers from several states, including Tennessee, Kentucky, and Mississippi
- Offers a variety of coins, currency, and other numismatic items
- Great for both new collectors and experienced numismatists
- Admission is free
5. Middle Tennessee Coin and Currency Show
- Held twice a year in Murfreesboro, TN
- Features over 60 dealers from across the country
- Offers a variety of coins, paper money, and other collectibles
- Great for people who want to learn more about numismatics
- Admission is usually $3, but children under 18 get in for free
Whether you’re a seasoned collector or just getting started, attending a coin show in Tennessee is a great way to learn more about the hobby and connect with like-minded people. With so many shows to choose from, there’s never been a better time to start exploring the world of numismatics in Tennessee.
South Carolina Coin Shows: A Paradise for Collectors
If you’re a collector of rare coins, then you should definitely consider attending the numerous coin shows in South Carolina. These events offer you the perfect opportunity to meet other collectors, vendors, and experts in the field and to expand your collection with some unique and fascinating pieces.
Some of the top coin shows in South Carolina include:
1. Greenville Coin Show
Held annually in Greenville, this show is popular among serious collectors. The event always features a diverse range of coins, with tables and displays from both local dealers and those from neighboring states.
2. Myrtle Beach Coin Show
Hosted in the famous coastal city of Myrtle Beach, this show is a must-visit for those looking to enjoy some sun and surf while also expanding their collection. In addition to the wide variety of rare coins on display, visitors can also enjoy numerous other activities and attractions in the area.
3. Columbia Coin Show
This show is held bi-annually in Columbia, the capital of South Carolina. It’s a fantastic opportunity to connect with dealers from all over the state and beyond and to discover some incredibly unique coins.
4. Charleston Coin Show
The Charleston Coin Club hosts this show every year, offering an impressive selection of coins, paper money, and tokens from all over the world. In addition to the knowledgeable dealers, visitors can take advantage of the educational exhibits and seminars on offer.
- South Carolina hosts some of the most popular coin shows in the country.
- These events provide a unique opportunity for collectors to meet other enthusiasts and dealers.
- Displays and exhibits at these shows are diverse, ranging from colonial-era coins to modern-day commemoratives.
- Attending these events is a great way to expand your collection and deepen your knowledge of rare coins.
If you’re a serious coin collector, then attending a coin show in South Carolina may be the best decision you ever make. So, mark your calendar, and get ready to experience the fascinating world of rare coins!
Greater Atlanta Coin Show: A Numismatist’s Delight
Coin collecting has come a long way from being a hobby of the past to a full-fledged subculture that attracts millions of enthusiasts worldwide. It is a fascinating way to learn about history, culture, and economics through the study of currency. And what better way to indulge in this passion than visiting a coin show?
If you’re in Georgia, don’t miss out on the Greater Atlanta Coin Show, a premier event for numismatists and collectors alike. Here are some things you need to know about this coin show:
The Greater Atlanta Coin Show is held at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center in Marietta, GA. The venue is conveniently located just off Interstate 75, making it accessible for visitors from all around the state.
The show is held on the second Sunday of every month, except for May and September, when it takes place on the third Sunday due to scheduling conflicts. Doors open at 9:00 am and close at 5:00 pm, giving attendees ample time to browse through the exhibits.
The Greater Atlanta Coin Show features over 30 dealers from throughout the Southeast, offering a vast selection of rare and unique coins, currency, and other collectibles. You can find everything from ancient coins to modern commemoratives, paper money, gold, and silver bullion, as well as stamps, postcards, and other philatelic materials.
Apart from buying and selling coins, the show also provides an opportunity to meet other collectors and enthusiasts, exchange information, and learn from experts in the field. There are educational exhibits, free appraisals, and seminars on various topics related to numismatics.
The Admission and Parking
Admission to the show is free, and there is plenty of free parking available to visitors. However, it is advisable to arrive early to avoid the rush and find a good parking spot.
In conclusion, the Greater Atlanta Coin Show is a must-visit event for anyone interested in coins and collectibles. It offers a chance to expand your collection, gain knowledge, and meet fellow hobbyists. So don’t miss out on this numismatist’s delight and mark your calendar for the next show.
What to Expect at a Coin Show?
Coin shows in Georgia are a fantastic way to explore and expand your numismatic horizons. Whether you’re a seasoned collector or just starting, attending a coin show is a great opportunity to meet other coin enthusiasts, buy, sell, trade coins, and learn something new. Here’s what you can expect when you attend a coin show in Georgia:
A Diverse Selection of Coins and Currency
Coin shows attract numismatists from all over the country who showcase their collections consisting of rare coins, commemorative coins, bullion coins, ancient coins, paper currency, tokens, medals, and more. You’ll be amazed by the different types and designs of coins and currency on display that have a unique history behind them. You can buy or trade coins with a dealer or add a new piece to your collection.
Dealers with Expert Knowledge
Coin dealers are the backbone of coin shows. They’re experts in their field and showcase their knowledge while displaying their collections. Dealers have a wealth of information about the coins they curate, and attending a coin show is the best chance to tap into their knowledge. They can answer your queries, provide authentic information, and offer advice on how to care for your numismatic treasures.
Educational Seminars and Exhibits
Coin shows provide a unique opportunity to attend educational seminars and exhibits. The seminars offer collectors, numismatists, and hobbyists informative sessions that cover an array of topics related to numismatics, such as grading, authentication, preservation, and investing. Numismatic organizations and clubs often host exhibitions that showcase unique coin collections, provide demonstrations, and interactive activities. You can also participate in auctions, raffles, and giveaways at coin shows.
Opportunity to Network and Make New Friends
Coin shows are a great way to meet like-minded people who share your interest in coin collecting. You’ll be able to network, share knowledge, and make friends with fellow collectors and dealers. It’s an excellent chance to exchange tips, stories, and experiences while building connections within the numismatic community.
Aside from all the educational aspects of coin shows, they’re fun events filled with excitement, camaraderie, and entertainment. You’ll enjoy the lively environment, the energy of the collectors, and the thrill of finding rare and unique pieces. Also, attending a coin show can be a great way to take a break from your daily routine and immerse yourself in something different.
In conclusion, attending a coin show in Georgia is a unique opportunity to deepen your interest in coin collecting and to expand your numismatic knowledge. You’ll gain knowledge from dealers and other collectors, view rare and unique coins and currency, attend educational seminars, network with like-minded people, and have a fun-filled experience. Now that you know what to expect at a coin show, it’s time to grab your bags and head to the next one!
Coin Show in Grovetown, Georgia
Are you a numismatist looking for the perfect coin show to attend in Georgia? Look no further than the annual coin show in Grovetown!
Here’s everything you need to know about the epic coin show in Grovetown:
Location and Time
- The Grovetown coin show is held at the Columbia County Exhibition Center, located at 212 Partnership Drive, Grovetown, Georgia.
- The show is typically held in the month of May.
- The show opens on Friday at 10 AM and runs until 6 PM. It is open again on Saturday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- The Grovetown coin show features a variety of coin-related attractions, including buying, selling, and trading coins.
- Coin collectors and enthusiasts from all over the world attend this coin show to showcase their precious collections and exchange ideas with other collectors.
- The event includes various contests, exhibits, and seminars on numismatics and rare coins.
- You can also browse and purchase coin-collecting supplies, such as albums, books, and coin holders.
Admission and Parking
- Admission to the Grovetown coin show is free of charge.
- There are ample parking spaces available for free at the exhibition center.
Tips for Attendees
- Bring cash if you plan on buying coins or other related items.
- Learn as much as you can about numismatics and rare coins before attending the show.
- Take your time to inspect and scrutinize any coins you plan on purchasing.
- Bring a bag or carrier for your purchased items.
- Give yourself ample time to browse through all the exhibits and attractions.
In conclusion, the Grovetown coin show is a must-see event for any coin collector or enthusiast. With a wide variety of attractions and activities, it is an excellent opportunity to learn, exchange knowledge and indulge your passion for coins. Mark your calendars for the next Grovetown coin show and discover the hidden treasures and unique finds waiting for you.
What is the Best Coin Show in the US?
If you’re a coin enthusiast looking for the best coin show in the US, you’re in luck! There are several coin shows across the nation that can provide a fun and exciting experience for collectors of all levels. Here are some of the top coin shows in the US:
1. ANA National Money Show
The American Numismatic Association (ANA) National Money Show is one of the largest and most popular coin shows in the country. This annual event brings together coin collectors, dealers, and enthusiasts from all over the world to buy, sell, and trade coins and other numismatic items. The ANA National Money Show features educational seminars, exhibits, and workshops for beginners and experienced collectors.
2. FUN Show
The Florida United Numismatists (FUN) Show is another popular coin show in the US. This event is held annually in January and attracts thousands of coin collectors and dealers from all over the world. The FUN Show features a variety of activities, including auctions, educational seminars, exhibits, and workshops.
3. Long Beach Coin, Stamp, and Collectibles Expo
The Long Beach Coin, Stamp, and Collectibles Expo is one of the oldest and most prestigious coin shows in the country. Held several times a year in Long Beach, California, this event attracts thousands of collectors, dealers, and investors from around the world. The Long Beach Expo features exhibits, educational seminars, and a wide range of numismatic items for sale.
4. Baltimore Coin Show
The Baltimore Coin Show is one of the largest and most popular coin shows on the East Coast. This event is held several times a year in Baltimore, Maryland, and features a wide range of numismatic items for sale, including rare coins, paper money, and tokens. The Baltimore Coin Show also features educational seminars and exhibits for collectors of all levels.
5. Central States Numismatic Society Convention
The Central States Numismatic Society Convention is one of the biggest and most well-respected coin shows in the Midwest. This annual event attracts thousands of collectors and dealers from around the country and features educational seminars, exhibits, and workshops on a variety of numismatic topics. The Central States Numismatic Society Convention also offers a wide range of numismatic items for sale.
- The ANA National Money Show, the FUN Show, the Long Beach Coin, Stamp, and Collectibles Expo, the Baltimore Coin Show, and the Central States Numismatic Society Convention are among the top coin shows in the US.
- These coin shows offer a variety of activities, including exhibits, educational seminars, workshops, and auctions.
- Coin enthusiasts of all levels can find rare coins, paper money, and other numismatic items for sale at these events.
In conclusion, attending a coin show is a great way to meet other coin enthusiasts, learn about the latest trends in numismatics, and expand your collection. Whether you’re a seasoned collector or a beginner, these top coin shows in the US offer something for everyone.