If you’re planning a visit to New York, then you must consider a night out at 242 W 45th St. This street is a mecca for theatre lovers as it is home to the iconic Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre. Located in the heart of the bustling city, this theatre has hosted some of the most famous productions in Broadway history.
But the excitement doesn’t just stop at the theatre. The bustling street is also home to a variety of fantastic restaurants, serving a diverse array of cuisines. From Italian to Asian, you’ll find a variety of splendid dining options.
In this blog post, we’re going to take an in-depth look at 242 W 45th St New York and everything it has to offer. We’ll explore the ins and outs of the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre, including how to get there and how to book tickets. We’ll also take a look at some of the best restaurants located nearby, ensuring you can enjoy a great meal before or after your night at the theatre.
So, whether you’re a local New Yorker looking for something fun to do or a tourist visiting the city for the first time, this guide is the ultimate resource to help you navigate the theatre district of 242 W 45th St New York.
Exploring the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre near 242 W 45th St New York
Are you a Broadway enthusiast looking for the ultimate theatre experience? Look no further than the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre, located just steps away from 242 W 45th St in the heart of New York City’s theatre district. Here are some things you should know about this iconic venue:
History of the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
This theatre was originally built in 1927 as the Royale Theatre and was later renamed to honor the renowned Broadway producer Bernard B. Jacobs after his death in 1996. Over the years, it has hosted a variety of award-winning productions, from the musical “Once” to the play “Angels in America.”
- The Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre offers an intimate venue with a seating capacity of just over 1,000, ensuring that every member of the audience has a great view of the stage.
- The theatre has undergone recent renovations to modernize its facilities and make it more accessible for all theatre-goers.
- The backstage area of the theatre is known for its tight quarters, which has inspired creative set designs and staging.
What to see at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
- Be sure to catch the critically acclaimed Broadway show “Company,” which features a fresh and modern twist on the Sondheim classic.
- The Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre has also hosted productions like “The Color Purple,” “The Band’s Visit,” and “The Ferryman,” each of which has received rave reviews from audiences and critics alike.
Tips for Attending a Show
- Plan to arrive early to secure your seats and make the most of the theatre’s lobby, which offers ample space for pre-show mingling and photo opportunities.
- Dress comfortably but remember that this is Broadway, so it’s always nice to dress up a bit for the occasion!
- If you have time, grab a drink or a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants near the theatre, as you’re bound to run into other theatre-goers, adding to the pre-show excitement.
So, whether you’re a seasoned Broadway-goer or a first-timer, be sure to add the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre to your list of must-see venues in the New York City theatre district.
Exploring 242 W 45th St in New York, NY 10036
If you’re in the Times Square area and looking for an exciting spot to explore, 242 W 45th St in New York, NY 10036 is definitely worth a visit. Here are some highlights of what you can expect to find:
242 W 45th St is located in the heart of New York City’s famed Theater District, which means you’ll be in close proximity to some of the best Broadway shows and theaters in the world. You’ll be able to catch some of the biggest names in entertainment on this street, and if you’re a theater buff, you’ll be in heaven.
Food and Drink
If you’re feeling hungry or thirsty, 242 W 45th St has plenty of options to satisfy your cravings. From fast food to fine dining, you’ll find everything you need to refuel your body and mind. Some of the notable restaurants and bars in the area include:
- Añejo: A trendy Mexican eatery that serves delicious tacos and margaritas
- Joe Allen: A classic American bistro that has been around for over 50 years
- The Rum House: A retro-inspired bar that serves up some of the best cocktails in the city
For those who enjoy shopping, 242 W 45th St has many stores to explore. Whether you’re looking for high-end designer clothing or trendy accessories, you’ll find it all here. Some notable stores include:
- Zara: A fast-fashion retailer with trendy and affordable clothing options for men, women, and children
- H&M: Another fast-fashion retailer that offers stylish clothing options for all ages
- Sephora: A popular beauty retailer that offers a wide range of skincare, makeup, haircare, and fragrance products
Aside from the Broadway shows, there are plenty of other entertainment options available on 242 W 45th St. You can catch a movie at the AMC Empire 25 theater, play some games and grab a bite to eat at Dave and Buster’s, or go bowling at the Lucky Strike bowling alley.
In summary, 242 W 45th St in New York, NY 10036 is a vibrant and exciting destination that has something for everyone. From theater shows to dining, shopping, and entertainment, this street is a must-visit for anyone exploring the Times Square area. Be sure to check it out on your next visit to New York City.
Bernard B Jacobs Theater Box Office
If you’re planning to watch a theatrical show at Bernard B Jacobs Theater at 242 W 45th St, New York, you might be wondering where to purchase your tickets. In this section, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about the Bernard B Jacobs Theater box office.
Box Office Location and Operating Hours
- The box office is located inside the Bernard B Jacobs Theater at 242 W 45th St, New York, NY 10036.
- The operating hours of the box office may vary depending on the day of the week and the show schedule.
- The box office usually opens at least two hours before the show starts and remains open until the showtime.
- On non-performance days, the box office is usually open from 10 AM to 8 PM.
- In-person: You can purchase tickets at the box office located inside the theater.
- Online: You can buy tickets online through Ticketmaster, the authorized ticketing partner of the Bernard B Jacobs Theater. Online tickets also come with specific instructions that you need to follow, especially when it comes to the printing and using of e-tickets.
- Phone: You can also order your tickets by calling the Broadway Direct hotline at (800) 322- 5400. They are available 24/7 to answer your inquiries and process your ticket orders.
Tips for Buying Tickets
- Book in advance: To ensure that you get the best seats, it’s recommended to purchase your tickets in advance, especially for popular shows.
- Check for discounts: Sometimes, the box office offers a discount on ticket prices. Be sure to check their website or social media pages for ongoing promotions.
- Watch out for hidden fees: When purchasing your tickets, be aware of additional fees that may be added to the ticket price, such as service charges, facility fees, and handling fees.
- Double-check your ticket details: Before leaving the box office, check the details on your ticket, such as the date, time, and seat numbers.
By knowing these essential details about the Bernard B Jacobs Theater box office, you’ll have a hassle-free and enjoyable experience watching your favorite Broadway show. Be sure to arrive early to avoid rushing and make the most out of your theater experience!
Restaurants Near 242 West 45th Street
If you’re hungry and looking for delicious food near 242 West 45th Street, you’re in luck. This area is brimming with numerous restaurants that cater to all kinds of palates. Here are some of the best places to grab a bite:
1. Bobby Van’s Grill
Bobby Van’s Grill is a classic steakhouse that’s been serving up prime cuts of beef since 1969. Located just a block away from 242 West 45th Street, this restaurant offers an upscale dining experience with excellent service, a great wine list, and an extensive menu featuring various meat, seafood, and pasta dishes.
2. The Palm
Another legendary steakhouse in the vicinity is The Palm, a New York institution that’s been around for over 90 years. With its caricature-lined walls and traditional American fare, including colossal-sized lobsters, juicy steaks, and Italian dishes, The Palm is a must-visit restaurant for meat lovers.
3. Sushi Zen
For sushi lovers, Sushi Zen is the go-to place for fresh and authentic Japanese food. This cozy restaurant offers an extensive menu of sushi, sashimi, and hot dishes, all made with the highest quality ingredients. Located just a few blocks from 242 West 45th Street, Sushi Zen is perfect for a quick lunch or a relaxing dinner.
4. Blue Dog Kitchen Bar
If you’re looking for a more casual dining experience, head over to Blue Dog Kitchen Bar. This neighborhood spot features a menu of comfort food favorites, such as burgers, sandwiches, salads, and mac and cheese, as well as a variety of beer, wine, and cocktails. With its laid-back vibe and friendly service, Blue Dog is a great spot to grab a bite with friends.
5. Melt Shop
Craving some comfort food? Look no further than Melt Shop, a fast-casual eatery that specializes in grilled cheese sandwiches, tater tots, and milkshakes. With its convenient location just steps away from 242 West 45th Street, Melt Shop is the perfect spot for a quick and tasty meal.
Whether you’re in the mood for a fancy dinner or a quick bite, the area around 242 West 45th Street has something for everyone. From classic steakhouses to cozy sushi restaurants, this neighborhood is a foodie’s paradise.
Restaurants Near Bernard Jacobs Theater
If you’re a theater enthusiast, you know that there’s no better feeling than catching a hit production at the legendary Bernard Jacobs Theater. Located at 242 W 45th St, this iconic venue has played host to some of the biggest names in theater. But what do you do when your stomach starts grumbling before or after the show? Worry not, because there’s no shortage of fantastic restaurants near Bernard Jacobs Theater to please every palate. Here are some of our favorites:
Joe Allen has been a Broadway institution since it opened its doors in 1965. This cozy, unpretentious spot has welcomed theatergoers, actors, and producers alike over the years, and it’s not hard to see why. The menu features American classics like burgers, steak, and mac and cheese, but they also have plenty of vegetarian options. Plus, the walls are adorned with posters from some of the biggest shows to grace the stage.
Another iconic Broadway establishment, Sardi’s has been humming along since 1921. This elegant restaurant has served some of the biggest names in showbiz, with caricatures of famous patrons adorning the walls. The menu here leans towards classic dishes like Caesar salad, chicken cordon bleu, and salmon, but they also have a fantastic pre-theater menu.
The Lamb’s Club
Looking for something a little more upscale? The Lamb’s Club has got you covered. This art deco-inspired restaurant is located inside the Chatwal Hotel, just steps from Bernard Jacobs Theater. The menu boasts contemporary American cuisine with a focus on seasonal ingredients. Don’t miss the lamb chops or the cocktails that pay homage to the restaurant’s theatrical roots.
Virgil’s Real Barbecue
If you’re in the mood for some finger-licking-good BBQ, Virgil’s is the perfect place to indulge. This lively spot is always buzzing with activity, making it a great choice for pre- or post-theater dining. The menu is stacked with all the Southern classics, from fried chicken to brisket to baby back ribs. And be sure to save room for their signature desserts, like the banana pudding.
This cozy Italian restaurant is the perfect spot for a romantic pre-theater dinner. Becco is famous for its unlimited pasta tasting menu, which includes three different types of pasta dishes that change daily. There are also plenty of other Italian favorites on the menu, from meatballs to lasagna to tiramisu. Be sure to book ahead, as this spot is quite popular.
So there you have it – five fantastic restaurants near Bernard Jacobs Theater that are sure to tickle your taste buds. No matter what your culinary preference may be, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant neighborhood. Bon appetit!